Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with a mouthwatering fusion of flavors as we dive into the delicious world of Mesquite Bacon + Apple Pork Chops!
Mesquite Bacon + Apple Pork Chops
- Pork chops
- Finch + Fennel Mesquite Seasoning
- Onions, sliced
- Finch + Fennel Bacon + Apple Jam
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- Olive oil
- Sprinkle F+F Mesquite seasoning over one side of each pork chop.
- Place the pork chops in a pan over medium-high heat and sear the seasoned pork chops. While that cooks, season the other side of the chops with the Mesquite Seasoning.
- Continue to sear 4 to 5 minutes and then flip and sear the other side 4 to 5 minutes. Once almost cooked, add maple syrup to coat the chops and cook until the syrup becomes a sweet, sticky glaze. Cook the pork chops until they reach 145° F on a meat thermometer.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and cover with aluminum foil. Allow the mesquite pork chops to rest as you continue to the next step.
- Coat a thick-bottomed pan with olive oil, about 1 teaspoon per onion. Heat until oil is shimmery over medium high heat. Place onions in the pan in an even layer and reduce the heat to medium-low or low. Slowly cook the onions until they caramelize, stirring occasionally.
- Once the onions are caramelized, add the jar of F+F Bacon + Apple jam and cook until heated through.
- Top each pork chop with the Bacon Apple Onion mixture and serve.