The autumnal equinox is just a few days away and if you're anything like us, you're dreaming of cooler temps, trips to the pumpkin patch and apple orchards, and all the yummy seasonal baked goods fall brings with it.
Fresh Apple Cake is one of those yummy recipes shared by our Kitchenware manager, Xandra. She's been making this family recipe for years and her expertise and years of practice making this recipe really do show in the delicious moist cake that bakes up beautifully in our NordicWare Harvest Bounty Loaf.
Fresh Apple Cake
- 1 1/2 cups unsifted flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Grease and flour a loaf pan. We recommend Baker's Joy if using a NordicWare pan.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Gently mix to combine.
- Add chopped apples and nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350˚ for 50-55 minutes. Start checking with a cake tester at 40 minutes. Bake until the tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Turn out onto a serving platter. Drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze if desired.