Bubble Waffles take the morning waffle experience to another level! This easy recipe for easy Hong Kong Style Bubble Waffles is perfect for celebrating special occasions, holidays, or ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!
Tools You Will Need to make Bubble Waffle Batter
A double boiler is essential for gently cooking the egg waffle batter.
The Cucina Pro Bubble Waffle Maker makes delicious waffles in just minutes!
How to Make Egg Waffle Batter for Bubble Waffles
These simple ingredients for waffle batter are probably already lounging in the fridge and/or pantry!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 7 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil or melted butter
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, pudding mix, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, add the eggs and sugar and whisk until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is thickened slightly about 5 minutes.
- Add the water and milk to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla and vegetable oil or melted butter.
Bubble Waffle Video Tutorial
Set up a Bubble Waffle Buffet
An easy way to get breakfast on the table quickly is to let everyone make their own waffles. Have one person in charge of operating the waffle maker and set out all the toppings.
Some waffle toppings to consider:
Fruit: blueberries, strawberries, peaches, bananas
Syrup: maple or other flavored syrups
Other Occasions for Bubble Waffles
Use your bubble waffle maker for savory bubble waffles, too! Or, make bubble waffles for birthday parties and holidays! Top with ice cream and toppings. Load your bubble waffle with whipped topping and don't forget the cherry! The possibilities are endless.
Remember to save to your favorite Pinterest board and share with friends!